This three-component, five-function system forms a complete, end-to-end water metering network.
It provides utility and customer monitoring and control interfaces like no other.
- Continuous, real-time data and alerts for utilities and their customers
- Leak detection
- First-of-its-kind, two-way communication for customer-shared remote valve control
Because it’s built on open architecture, the Subeca System integrates quickly and easily with any existing IoT infrastructure or expansion into new IoT applications.
- Based entirely on wireless standards meeting stringent ISO/IEC 27001 requirements for information security management
- Allows agility rather than locking into proprietary technology that could hinder future growth and robustness.
Physical set-up of the Subeca Series system occurs completely within the valve box
Quick, Easy Installation
This makes planning for purchasing and location easier, as it can be treated as a modular system. The entire process typically takes about 30 minutes on average with a valve, and 4 minutes without a valve. Installation includes:
- Removal of the existing meter register (or the entire meter)
- Replacement with a Subeca Pin; a quick and easy procedure that normally takes less than five minutes.
- A Subeca Link is installed in the box lid
- Bluetooth transmission is established between the two components and a remote-control Subeca Act valve.
- Valve is installed in the service line to replace manual valves.
- Subeca Link is then activated to communicate with your agency’s LoRa gateway
- All components are tested.