Last Updated: September 30th, 2021
- Collection of Information
- Use of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Advertising and Analytics
- Transfer of Information to the United States and Other Countries
- Your Choices
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Contact Us
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, you share information directly with us when you create an account, register a product, fill out a form, submit or post content through our Services, make a purchase, submit a review, communicate with us via third-party platforms, participate in a contest or promotion, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of personal information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, credit card and other payment information through a payment processor, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically and Information We Generate
When you access or use our Services or otherwise transact business with us, we automatically collect or generate certain information, including:
- Device Log and Sensor Information: When you have a Device connected to our Services, our Services will collect various Device event data, such as information required to provide the Services to you, when the Device is used, whether the Device is turned on or off, whether certain features on the mobile app are used and how, and aggregate Device activity information.
- Transactional Information: When you make a purchase or return, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details, purchase price, and the date and location of the transaction.
- Access and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, app version and whether peripheral, non-Subeca devices are integrated with the Devices such as voice assistants, smart hub platforms or other connected products. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use session and persistent tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Services and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For example, if you are a registered user and you specifically request that our site remember your login information, you are allowing us to place a permanent cookie onto your computer. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see the Your Choices section below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We obtain information from third-party sources. For example, we may collect information about you from events we attend together, social media companies, identity verification services, insurance providers, advertising networks and data analytics providers, and publicly available sources.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address or infer that you are interested in certain products based on your browsing behavior, past purchases, or aggregate usage activity.
USE OF INFORMATION
We also use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our products and services;
- Develop new products and services;
- Process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, invoices, customer experience surveys, and recall notices;
- Better understand your interests in order to personalize and improve your experience with our Services;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Subeca and others and provide news and information that we think will interest you (see the Your Choices section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Devices and Services;
- Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites (for more information, see the Advertising and Analytics section below);
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of Subeca and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our Services;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- With vendors, service providers, and consultants that perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, site analytics, shipping and delivery, payment processing, bill collection, fraud prevention, customer service, research, and marketing and advertising.
- If you submit a product review or post content in another public area of our Services, we share this information publicly on our Services.
- If you choose to use or implement integrations we offer on our Services, such as a smart home platform, voice assistant, map service or a weather provider, we may share certain information with the entity integrated with our Services.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Subeca, our users, the public, or others.
- We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisers where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- Between and among our current and future parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership.
- With your consent or at your direction.
- We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used by the recipients to identify you.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES AND OTHER COUNTRIES
Subeca is headquartered in the United States, and we may expand operations and service providers in the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
Registered users may update and correct certain account information at any time by logging into their account at the website where you created the account; e.g., engage.Subeca.com or on a Subeca app. If you wish to delete your account, please log into your account at the same website/app you created the account (e.g., engage.Subeca.com) and select the options to delete the account, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes. For example, we may retain some information from closed accounts so that we can comply with the law, prevent fraud, assist with investigations, resolve disputes, analyze or troubleshoot service, enforce our agreements, facilitate your ability to reactivate your account or take other actions permitted by law. Likewise, if your account is terminated or suspended by us, we may maintain some information to prevent re-registration.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Subeca by following the instructions in those communications. or, as applicable, by adjusting the communications options of your account. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications
With your consent, we may send push notifications to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Mobile Device Access
With your consent, certain of our products and services with mobile applications may access information on your mobile device such as your camera, SMS and email functionality. You can always withdraw such access by not allowing our products to access the camera, SMS and email functionality for a specific task or, if for multiple tasks, going into your device settings and removing the application’s access to that information. Please note that if you deny or revoke this access, it could affect the availability and functionality of the product or service and of certain features of the mobile application.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA” (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 et seq.) affords consumers residing in California certain rights with respect to their personal information. If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
California Consumer Privacy Act
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers, characteristics of protected classifications under California or U.S. law, commercial information, internet and electronic network activity, geolocation data, audio and visual information, inferences drawn about your preferences, and other categories of personal data that relates to or is reasonably capable of being associated with you. For details about the precise data points we collect and the categories of sources of such collection, please see the Collection of Information section above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in the Use of Information section above. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business purposes to the following categories of recipients:
|Category of Personal Information||Categories of Recipients|
|Identifiers||Between and among companies which are under common ownership with us; vendors, service providers and consultants that perform services on our behalf; companies which store and process data on our behalf; companies which perform data analytics for us; companies which help service and install our products; companies which help deliver and track our products that are ordered, replaced or repaired; companies which provide information to you about where to find or have installed our products and services; law firms; companies which send you information about products on our behalf; and companies which you have requested or authorized us to share your personal information with|
|Internet and electronic network activity information||Companies which store and process data on our behalf; companies which perform data analytics for us|
|Commercial information||Between and among companies which are under common ownership with us; vendors, service providers and consultants that perform services on our behalf; companies which store and process data on our behalf; companies which perform data analytics for us; companies which help service and install our products; companies which help deliver and track our products that are ordered, replaced or repaired; companies which provide information to you about where to find or have installed our products and services; law firms; companies which send you information about products on our behalf; and companies which you have requested or authorized us to share your personal information with|
|Audio and visual information (e.g., recorded customer service calls)||Companies which store and process data on our behalf|
|Demographic information||Vendors, service providers and consultants that perform services on our behalf; companies which store and process data on our behalf; companies which perform data analytics for us; companies which provide information to you about where to find or have installed our products and services; and companies which send to you information about products on our behalf|
We allow our advertising partners to collect certain device identifiers and electronic network activity via our Services to show ads that are targeted to your interests. To opt out of having your personal information used for targeted advertising purposes, please see the Advertising and Analytics section above. Subeca does not sell your personal information.
We may provide discounts, coupons, and other benefits for customers who sign up to receive our marketing emails or join certain discount programs. When you participate in such a program, we collect personal information from you, such as identifiers like your name and email address and commercial information like your purchase history. You can opt into such a program by following the sign-up instructions, and you have the ability to opt-out of the incentive at any time by following the instructions in the emails received. In some cases, we may provide additional terms and conditions, which we will provide to you when you sign up. The value of your personal information is reasonably related to the value of the offer or discount presented to you.
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to (1) request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, and disclose, (2) request deletion of your personal information, and (3) not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. You may make these requests by calling 800-366-2271or visiting this page: www.Subeca.com/ccpa. We will verify your request by asking you to provide information about yourself and past history. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
If we receive your request from an authorized agent, we may ask for evidence that the request is being made by you, as described above, and that you have provided such agent with a certified power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf.